For the Jews, it is believed that it has not yet come and will come in the future. But for the Nasrani (Christ) and Muslims, it is believed that Isa the son of Maryam (Jesus) is the person in charge of the Messiah.
In the Quran at least 11 times it is stated that Isa is the Messiah, such as Surah Ala Imran verses 45, Surah Annisa, verses 157, 171, etc.
Likewise, the Book of Al-Injeel clearly states that Isa is al-masih from several people as follows:
- angels (angels) who announced the birth of Isa to the shepherds as follows:
“Because today Your savior is Al-Mazih. the prince was born in the city of the Prophet Dawood.”
(Al Injeel Luke 2:11)
- Sahaba (disciple), especially Shamoon (Simon Peter), who said that Prophet Isa is Al Masih
So he asked him, “And who do you think I am?” Peter replied, “You are the Messiah” (Al-Injeel, Mark 8:29).
- Religious Leader of the Yahoo accused the Prophet Isa of establishing himself as the Messiah. and he accepted
but he stood still did not answer any religious leader He asked him again, "Are you the Messiah, the Beloved of Allah, worthy of bowing?" Isa replied, "We are and you. will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Almighty and will come in the clouds of the heavens” (Al-Injeel, Mark 14:61-62).
- The Shaitans of Iblis He knew who Isa was when he drove him out of the people who were possessed by it.
The Shaitans came out of many who cried out, “You are the Al-Mazih, the most beloved of Allah,” Isa commanded and forbade him to speak. because it knows that he is the Messiah (Al-Injeel Luke 4:41).
- Prophet Isa himself said to a Samaritan woman that he was Al-Mazih.
She said to him, "I know that the Messiah will come; when he comes, he will explain everything to us." Isa replied to her, "It is we he who speaks to you." (Al Inji (Lyahya 4:25-26)
It was here that it was concluded that Al Massey is the position of the anointed for special missions. And the recipient of this title is Isa, the son of Mary, or Jesus.
In the next section we will study in detail the life of Prophet Isa. Al Messiah how miraculous and corresponds to the prophecy of the Messiah that the previous messengers prophesied. Follow me